Assignment: Assessing Musculoskeletal Strength
Week 6: Discussion Part One
Date of visit: November 7, 2017
A 56 year old Caucasian female presents to the office today with complaints of fatigue. Upon further questioning you discover the following subjective information regarding the chief complaint.
History of Present Illness
Onset “about 2-3 months”
Characteristics Progressively worsening since onset, feels tired all of the time, sleeps 8hrs per night but does not feel well rested. “No energy to do anything I normally can do”
Aggravating factors Exertion
Relieving factors None identified
Severity Denies pain; missed 1 day of work 2 weeks ago because “couldn’t get out of bed”
Review of Systems (ROS)
Constitutional Denies fever, chills, or recent illnesses. +5lb. weight gain since last visit 6 months ago.
Eyes No visual changes or diploplia
ENT Denies ear pain, coryza, rhinorrhea, or ST. Had tonsillectomy as child Denies snoring or history of sleep apnea.
Neck Denies lymph node tenderness or swelling
Chest Denies cough, SOB, DOE or wheezing
Heart Denies chest pain
Abdomen Denies N/V/D. + Constipation
Endocrine Denies polyuria, polydipsia. + cold intolerance. Menopause status x 5 yrs.
Skin No changes in skin, hair or nails
Psych Reports worsening of depressive symptoms but thinks it is because she is so “unproductive” lately and tired all of the time. -Suicidal or homicidal thoughts. Sleeping 8-9hrs per night (no changes), but not feeling rested.
Musculoskeletal Generalized weakness and intermittent muscles cramping in calves
Medications Multivitamin, B-Complex, Prozac 20mg, Bisoprolol-HCTZ 2.5mg/6.25mg, Calcium 500mg + Vit D3 400IU.
PMH HTN, Depression, Postmenopausal status
Allergies Iodine dyes
Social Married; Works full time as office manager of an internal medicine office; 2 kids (grown)
Habits Denies cigarettes or drug use. +Occasional glass of wine (1-2 per month).
FH Maternal GM & GF deceased with CHF, T2DM and HTN;
Mother alive (age 82) +HTN, +Hyperlipidemia, +T2DM;
Father alive (age 84) +HTN, +Hyperlipidemia, +T2DM, +ASHD (s/p CABG 2 years ago). Also had +CVA at time of CABG (work-up revealed +DVT and +PFO; remains anticoagulated);
Oldest child (26) with seasonal allergies
Youngest child (24) with Bipolar depression and ADHD, and anxiety
Physical exam reveals the following:
Constitutional Middle aged Caucasian female alert, oriented and cooperative
VS Temp-98.2, P-74, R-16, BP 146/95, Height: 5’7″, Weight: 180 pounds
Head Normocephalic, atraumatic
Ears Tympanic membranes gray and intact with light reflex noted.
Nose Nares patent. Nasal turbinates without swelling. Nasal drainage is clear.
Throat Oropharynx moist, no lesions or exudate. Surgically removed tonsils bilaterally. Teeth in good repair, no cavities.
Neck Neck supple. No lymphadenopathy. Thyroid midline, small and firm without palpable masses.
Cardiopulmonary Heart S1 and s2 noted, no murmurs, noted. Lungs clear to auscultation bilaterally. Respirations unlabored. No pedal edema
Abdomen Soft, non-tender. BS active
Skin Skin overall dry, hair coarse and thick, nails without ridging, pitting or discoloration
Psych Mood pleasant and appropriate.
Musculoskeletal Strength full throughout
Neuro DTRs 2+ at biceps, 1+ at knees and ankles
• Briefly and concisely summarize the H&P findings as if you were presenting it to your preceptor using the pertinent facts from the case. Use shorthand where possible and approved medical abbreviations. Avoid redundancy and irrelevant information.
• Provide a differential diagnosis (minimum of 3) which might explain the patient’s chief complaint along with a brief statement of pathophysiology for each.
• Analyze the differential by using the pertinent findings from the history and physical to argue for or against a diagnosis. Rank the differential in order of most likely to least likely.
• Identify any additional tests and/or procedures that you feel is necessary or needed to help you narrow your differential. IF you ordered a test or performed a procedure, identify the corresponding Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) code(s). If not applicable, list n/a. All testing decisions must be supported with an evidence-based medicine (EBM) argument as to why it is necessary or pertinent in this case. If no testing is indicated or needed, you must also support this decision with EBM.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25