Assignment: Development of Portfolios
In some disciplines, ePortfolios are a well-established practice to demonstrate progress, archive coursework through college, and provide evidence of meeting learning outcomes.
• The process of building an ePortfolio can support preparation for academic applications and professional interviews.
• Many employers still require traditional résumés, but ePortfolios are an innovative way to share your experi- ences and skills.
Why create an ePortfolio?
Craft a positive nursing digital identity with an ePortfolio By Jaime Hannans, PhD, RN, CNE, and Yosemite Olivo, RN
AmericanNurseToday.com November 2017 American Nurse Today 49
Another option is creating your own website, using platforms such as WordPress and Google Sites. With your own website, your ePor – tfolio will be unique in both design and function. Some website-build- ing platforms are easier to use than others, so keep that in mind when making your choice.
Making connections Networking has always been important to professional growth, and the digital world makes it easy. One way to connect with other nursing professionals is to iden- tify relevant online articles or blogs and share your perspectives on social media. If you’re starting a job search, follow organizations that interest you and inter- act with them through social media by commenting appropriately on their activities and initiatives.
Content Recruiters and potential employers will view your ePortfolio in different ways. Some may click one or two links, while others will take time to explore it. You’ll want the content on your ePortfolio to be easily accessible, so that in one click viewers have an imme- diate representation of you. (See What should be in your ePortfolio?) And whatever platform you use, famil- iarize yourself with its privacy settings to ensure the se- curity of the information you share.
Professional development Many advanced-degree programs integrate the devel- opment of ePortfolios into coursework, but they can be developed at any career stage. Building an ePort- folio provides opportunities for professional develop-
ment, critical reflection, and life- long learning. Digital connections may enhance your knowledge in areas such as healthcare policy, current healthcare trends, and re- search. Imagine a potential employer
searching your name online and finding information about your aca- demic and professional experi-
ences, your career goals, and your digital connections in your ePortfolio. Isn’t that better than finding random images or posts from social media, or even worse, finding nothing? Traditional résumés may still be the common method
of submission for job applications, but fast-paced tech- nological growth indicates that ePortfolios may soon be required, so why not be ahead of the game?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25