Assignment: Diet Modifications
Diet modifications include smoking cessation, and alcohol consumption discontinued or limited to small amounts of dilute alcohol, eat small meals more frequently, and avoid foods that increase abdominal discomfort. (Chaudhari Priyanka et al, 2016)
Discussion Question 2
GERD presents with mild epigastric pain, and symptoms commonly worsen after meals, although the pain is classically described as “burning” and may be located in the substernal rather than epigastric area. Peptic ulcer disease (PUD) is defined as epigastric pain that improves with meals is the hallmark of PUD. However, in some cases, symptoms of PUD may worsen with meals. NSAID use is associated with the development of PUD. Gastritis is the inflammation or irritation of the stomach lining often causing sharp epigastric pain. This pain may be variably worsened or improved with eating food. (Woo and Robinson, 2017) “Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) have been the mainstay of GERD management since omeprazole was introduced 1989 and continue to be one of the top selling medication classes.” (Almutairi et al, 2018) When GERD is severe surgical interventions may be the nest option for management. According to Almutairi et al (2018) “the main types of surgery are fundoplication and, for obese patients, gastric bypass. Fundoplication is the standard surgical treatment for GERD.” Lifestyle modifications include “avoiding: smoking, flat-lying body position while sleeping, foods that irritate the gastric mucosa (e.g., spicy foods) or stimulate acid production (e.g., alcohol), and foods that decrease lower esophageal sphincter tone (e.g., fatty food, chocolate, and caffeine).” (Woo & Robinson, 2017)
All health care providers need to be aware of the emergency protocols for all types of disasters. Nursing leaders need to be particularly knowledgeable of emergency management and preparedness procedures no matter what type of disaster or hazard occurs. Imagine that you are a new nursing leader, coming from a big city hospital, recently hired to work and lead in a small rural community hospital. You recognize that your small community hospital disaster plan needs to be updated to be an all hazards disaster preparedness plan. This project will be a big undertaking.
1. Describe what type of disasters this plan should include?
2. How the project should begin?
3. Who you would like to recruit to assist in this project?
4. What resources are available to update the plan and how you will disseminate the plan throughout the organization?
Needs to be at least one page and in APA format. Must include at least one nursing journal article from 2014-2019
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25