Assignment: Epidemiologic Studies
The baccalaureate program prepares the graduate to:
1. Compare/contrast the roles and perspectives of the nursing profession with other care professionals on the healthcare team (i.e., scope of discipline, education and licensure requirements).
2. Use inter and intraprofessional communication and collaborative skills to deliver evidencebased, patientcentered care.
3. Incorporate effective communication techniques, including negotiation and conflict resolution to produce positive professional working relationships.
4. Contribute the unique nursing perspective to interprofessional teams to optimize patient outcomes.
5. Demonstrate appropriate teambuilding and collaborative strategies when working with interprofessional teams.
Advocate for high quality and safe patient care as a member of the interprofessional team.
• interprofessional and intraprofessional communication, collaboration, and socialization, with consideration of principles related to communication with diverse cultures
• teamwork/concepts of teambuilding/cooperative learning • professional roles, knowledge translation, role boundaries, and diverse
disciplinary perspectives • relationship building • navigating complex systems, system facilitation • interdependence and resource sharing of healthcare professions • individual accountability/shared accountability • advocacy • ethical codes and core values of different healthcare professions • autonomy • safety • scopes of practice • conflict management, conflict resolution strategies, and negotiation • group dynamics • principles of referral process for specialized services • participatory decisionmaking • caring
Essential VII: Clinical Prevention and Population Health
Health promotion, disease, and injury prevention across the lifespan are essential elements of baccalaureate nursing practice at the individual and population levels. These concepts are necessary to improve population health. Epidemiologic studies show that lifestyle, environmental, and genetic factors are major determinants of population health in areas of health, illness, disease, disability, and mortality (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2000a). Thus, acute care and diseasebased episodic interventions alone are inadequate for improving health (Allan et al., 2004; Allan, Stanley, Crabtree, Werner, & Swenson, 2005). Health promotion along with disease and injury prevention are important throughout the lifespan and include assisting individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations to prepare for and minimize health consequences of emergencies, including mass casualty disasters.
24 Clinical prevention refers to individually focused interventions such as immunizations, screenings, and counseling aimed at preventing escalation of diseases and conditions. (Allan, Stanley, Crabtree, Werner, & Swenson, 2005) Because these interventions are relevant across the lifespan, nurses need knowledge about growth and development as well as evidencebased clinical prevention practices. Nurses collaborate with other healthcare professionals and patients for improving health through clinical prevention.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25