Assignment: Equality Versus Discretion
Assignment on Equality versus Discretion in Sentencing
Two conflicting concepts of justice are equality versus discretion in sentencing. Using real-life examples, distinguish the merits of each viewpoint. Provide three (3) arguments for each position. Your paper should be written in APA format.
1. Susie has never felt comfortable with her therapist. While she has no reason for her feelings, she is easily angered by his questions and feels as though he is judging her. Susie has often thought that the therapist reminds her of her father. This is a case of
a. An ego defense mechanism
2. Choose the correct development process for Freud’s mental structures.
a. Id, superego, ego
b. Ego, superego, id
c. Ego, id, superego
d. Id, ego, superego
3. Choose the example of operant conditioning.
a. Anxiety when an abusive person walks into the room
b. Hesitance to touch a light switch because of previous shocks
c. Children rising from their seats to go outside when a bell rings
d. Improvement in writing skills from praise and positive coaching
4. Choose the example of classical conditioning.
a. Continuing to play the slot machine after hitting a small jackpot
b. Staying on a diet
c. Walking out of an elevator when the door opens, regardless of the floor
d. Driving the speed limit after getting a ticket
5. An effective interviewing behavior during an assessment includes the following.
6. Which of the following is a multicultural issue for any of the psychological instruments customarily used in the United States?
a. Level of acculturation
b. Preconceived notions
c. Theoretical orientation
d. Distortion of information
7. One of the common concerns associated with IQ testing is that
a. a wide variety of human behaviors is being measured
b. a person’s performance is compared against others’ performances
c. testing is used to learn about cognitive strengths and weaknesses
d. there is a possibility of racial bias
8. Larry is a single, 40-year-old male who runs his own business. Lately, he feels tired all the time, lacks motivation and appetite, and is not enthusiastic about anything. Based on his symptoms, which type of interview is most appropriate to use?
b. Mental status
9. Which of the following is a potential threat to effective interviewing?
a. Time of day
b. Interviewer bias
c. Structured interviews
10. Examples of objective personality tests include all but this test.
c. MMPI- 2
d. Sixteen Personality Factors
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25