Assignment: Eye or Vision Problems
Eyes and ears: (See below for mouth, nose, throat, sinuses)
Note that for this assignment (as noted in the syllabus) you need a tuning fork and an otoscope. The instructor priced both of these and found an otoscope at a local drug store for less than $15.00, and a tuning fork from the internet for less than $10.00. These inexpensive models are adequate for this assignment—of course you may be able to borrow them from another nurse for the few moments required to do this assignment, or you may find that you would like to have your own, having learned to use them.
Subjective data Name_____________________
Adapted from Weber, Kelly & Sprengel, 2014: Lippincott, with permission.
Current Symptoms: Eyes
1. Recent changes in vision?
2. Spots or floaters in front of eyes?
3. Blind spots, halos, or rings around lights?
4. Trouble seeing at night?
5. Double vision?
6. Eye pain?
7. Redness or swelling in eyes with regular daily activity?
8. Excessive watering or tearing or other discharge from eyes?
9. Previous eye or vision problems (medication, surgery, laser treatment, corrective lenses)?
10. Family history of eye problems or vision loss?
Lifestyle and Health Practices
11. Exposure to chemicals, fumes, smoke, dust, flying sparks, etc.?
12. Use of safety glasses?
13. Use of sunglasses?
14. Medications (corticosteroids, lovastatin, pyridostigmine, quinidine, risperdal, and rifampin) may have ocular side effects?
15. Has vision loss affected ability to work or care for self or others?
16. Date of last eye examination?
17. Are corrective glasses or contacts worn regularlyv
lesions, gum or mouth redness, swelling, bleeding, or pain)?
2. Sinus problems (pain over sinuses, postnasal drip)?
3. Nose problems (nosebleeds, stuffy nose, cannot breath through one or both nostrils, change in ability to smell or taste)?
1. Previous problems with mouth, throat, nose, or sinuses (surgeries or treatment; how much and how often)?
2. Use of nasal sprays?
3. History of tooth grinding?
4. Last dental exam? Fit of dentures?
1. Family history of oral, nasal, or sinus cancer or chronic problems?
Lifestyle and Health Practices
1. Daily practice of oral care, tooth care, or denture care?
2. Usual diet?
3. History of smoking, use of, how much, and how often?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25