Assignment : Nursing Environment and Health
Northern Illinois University
Professional Beliefs Paper re: Person, Nursing, Environment, and Health
Guidelines & Rubric (50 points)
There are four dominant concepts in nursing: Person, Environment, Health, and Nursing.
Diversity (culture) is a sub-concept that moves through each of the four major concepts. Students may choose to include culture with Person. People enter nursing with definitions of these concepts that derive from their own personal experiences. Inherent in their definitions are their values, attitudes, and beliefs. It may be helpful to think of this process as values clarification-what these concepts are and what they are not.
This paper is a reflection on the four concepts and how the concepts interrelate based on the semester’s learning experiences. This paper is a personal statement of values; therefore, there are no “right” or “wrong” statements. However, it is expected that the student will address the four concepts including culture; identify major aspects of the concepts; draw relationships among them; analyze and evaluate alternative points of view; and draw conclusions that logically derive from the values expressed by the student for the concepts of Person, Environment, Health, and Nursing.
The paper is a reflection of the student’s ability to engage in critical thinking. The criteria for assessing critical thinking include:
· Interpretation of concepts using salient arguments and substantiating a point of view by reflecting alternative points of view.
· Explanation of assumptions and reasons with accurate interpretation of evidence.
· In-depth and thorough thinking processes that reflect open mindedness, fairness, and honesty in recognizing personal biases.
· Willingness to reconsider judgments.
1. Title: Personal Professional Beliefs Paper
2. Introduction: Brief paragraph stating the purpose of the paper.
3. Your definition of the four concepts and substantiation (why) for your personal beliefs. (What the concept IS and what it IS NOT based on varying points of view reflected in the literature.)
4. Interrelationships between Person, Environment, Health, and Nursing.
5. Conclusion that comes from the four concepts of the paper.
6. It should be typed using APA format with 12 point Times New Roman font, double-spaced, one inch margins, header, section headings, and content shall not exceed 5 pages.
7. The writing should be clear, coherent, and organized with appropriate grammar and syntax.
8. Provide a title page and a reference page (these are excluded from the 5 page limit).
9. Include at least 3 references from scholarly journals, biographies, texts, or professional organization or .gov resources. These may support/contrast your belief.
10. Limit the use of direct quotes. May use brief quotes sparingly.
Introduction (10 points): (#2)
Aspects of Person, Environment, Health, and Nursing are covered (20 points): (#3 and #4)
· The paper flows logically and is well expressed with your original ideas/terms
· Culture/diversity addressed
· Use of references to support/contrast viewpoint
Conclusion (10 points): (#5)
Scholarly Writing (10 points)
· APA format utilized for referencing (1 point)
· APA font, font size, double space, margins, page limit (1 point)
· Header follows APA guidelines (1 point)
· Headings follow APA guidelines for level (1 point)
· 3 professional references utilized (1 nursing) (1 point)
· Title page follows APA guidelines (1 point)
· Reference page follows APA guidelines (1 point)
· Organized content (1 point)
· Correct spelling (1 point)
· Correct grammar and sentence structure. (1 point)
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25