Assignment : Positive Change In Healthcare
Assessment 3: Area of Interest PowerPoint Presentation
Guidelines with Scoring Rubric
The process for affecting positive change to improve practice outcomes can start with either the identification of an area of interest or the identification of a potential or existing practice problem. Selecting an area of interest helps to define a direction of further inquiry. Areas of interests can be categorized as concepts or topics. A concept is generally a broader interpretation; whereas a topic is a more specific or narrow focus of an area of interest. The purpose of this assessment is for students to identify and discuss an area of interest specific to their selected specialty track.
Through this assessment, the student will meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO 1: Examine roles and competencies of master’s-prepared nurses essential to performing as leaders and advocates of holistic, safe, and quality care. (POs 1, 2, 3, and 10)
CO 3: Analyze essential skills needed to lead within the context of complex systems (POs 1, 2, 3, 8, and 11)
CO 4: Explore the process of scholarship engagement to improve health and healthcare outcomes in various settings. (POs 4, 5, and 9)
Total Points Possible
This assessment is worth 150 points.
Submit your file(s) by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday at the end of Week 5.
Criteria for Content
Review literature or reflect on an experience that is related to common concepts and topics specific to your identified specialty track. Information on common topics for specific specialty tracks is located in Course Resources. . Reflect on an area of passion that facilitated your specialty track selection.
1. In a PowerPoint Presentation, address the following.
a. Introduction to presentation
b. Explain the importance of evidence-based projects related to nursing practice and profession.
c. Discuss a model for developing an evidence-based project.
i. Include illustration of model
d. Identify specialty track and reasons for selecting this area of study.
e. Introduce area of interest
i. Discuss what is known about the concept or topic.
ii. Provide common themes, ideas, or facts found in literature.
f. Provide a recommendation for positive change related to the area of interest.
i. Identify internal factors that have the potential to influence the change.
ii. Identify external factors that have the potential to influence the change.
g. Identify two AACN Master’s Essentials that an evidence-based project or area of interest addresses.
h. Conclusion to presentation
i. Provide references
Preparing the paper
Application: Use Microsoft Word 2013™ to create the PowerPoint presentation.
Length: The PowerPoint presentation must be 12 total slides (excluding title and reference slides).
Speaker notes are used and include in-text citations when applicable.
A minimum of four (4) scholarly literature references must be used.
Submission: Submit your files.
Best Practices in Preparing the Project
The following are best practices in preparing this project.
1. Review directions thoroughly.
2. Follow submission requirements.
3. Make sure all elements on the grading rubric are included.
4. Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
5. Review the Creating a Professional Presentation located in Course Resources.
6. Ideas and information that come from scholarly literature must be cited and referenced correctly.
7. A minimum of four (4) scholarly literature references must be used.
8. Abide by CCN academic integrity policy.
Introduction includes general information on what will be presented. Identify sections of the PowerPoint presentation.
Discussion of Evidence-Based Projects
Explain the importance of evidence-based projects related to nursing practice and profession. Discuss a model for developing an evidence-based project. Include illustration of model. Speaker notes and/or slides include in-text citations from scholarly nursing literature that support your position.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25