Discussion: The Increased Complexity
The graduate will understand and respect the variations of care, the increased complexity, and the increased use of healthcare resources inherent in caring for patients who are vulnerable due to age, the very young and very old, as well as disabilities and chronic disease.
The increasing diversity of this nation’s population mandates an attention to diversity in order to provide safe, humanistic high quality care. This includes cultural, spiritual, ethnic, gender, and sexual orientation diversity. In addition, the increasing globalization of healthcare requires that professional nurses be prepared to practice in a multicultural environment and possess the skills needed to provide culturally competent care.
Baccalaureate graduates will have knowledge, skills, and attitudes that prepare them for a longterm career in a changing practice environment. The increased prevalence of chronic illness is a result of an increasingly older adult population, environmental threats, lifestyles that increase risk of disease, and enhanced technological and therapeutic interventions that prolong life. In addition to primary prevention, the professional nurse provides support for management of chronic illness, health education, and patient centered care in partnership with the patient and the interprofessional team. Patients and their families often are knowledgeable about health care; therefore, the graduate will be able to communicate with these consumers and appreciate the importance of the care partnership.
Graduates translate, integrate, and apply knowledge that leads to improvements in patient outcomes. Knowledge is increasingly complex and evolving rapidly. For example, genetics and genomics are areas where knowledge is escalating and the graduate will be cognizant of customized therapies designed to improve care outcomes. Therefore, baccalaureate graduates will be expected to focus on continuous selfevaluation and lifelong learning.
The baccalaureate program prepares the graduate to:
1. Conduct comprehensive and focused physical, behavioral, psychological, spiritual, socioeconomic, and environmental assessments of health and illness parameters in patients, using developmentally and culturally appropriate approaches.
2. Recognize the relationship of genetics and genomics to health, prevention, screening, diagnostics, prognostics, selection of treatment, and monitoring of treatment effectiveness, using a constructed pedigree from collected family history information as well as standardized symbols and terminology.
3. Implement holistic, patientcentered care that reflects an understanding of human growth and development, pathophysiology, pharmacology, medical management, and nursing management across the healthillness continuum, across the lifespan, and in all healthcare settings.
4. Communicate effectively with all members of the healthcare team, including the patient and the patient’s support network.
5. Deliver compassionate, patientcentered, evidencebased care that respects patient and family preferences.
6. Implement patient and family care around resolution of endoflife and palliative
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25