Discussion: The Trauma Alert
You are working on the Operating Room and the trauma alert goes off. You respond to the ER to provide support. Once in the ER, you receive report that an 89 year old male is coming in with a self-inflicted GSW (Gun Shot Wound) to the head. You listen to the radio traffic between the ER and ambulance to get an idea what kind of surgery you need to set up for and what will be needed as far as lines and fluid. Here is the report:
Patient is intubated and non-responsive. Right pupil is fixed and dilated. Paramedic also states there is a large extended family headed to the ER. The patient lost his wife of 60 years 1 week ago and left a note stating that he is too heartbroken to go on. The patient and family arrive. The neurosurgeon discusses that their father’s potential outcome, even with surgery, is not good. The family still insists that the neurosurgeon complete the surgery.
1. What are the ethical and legal issues in this case study. Be specific and support your response with references
Once you have the patient in the room and you are prepped and ready for surgery, the phone rings. You receive word that the patient signed DNR orders two days ago.
2. As the OR nurse what are your legal and ethical issues now? Was the patient of sound mind when he signed this order? Do you honor the DNR or the family’s wishes? Explain and support your response. There are many apps and computer programs available to analyze your die. Examples are MyFitnessPal, eaTracker.ca, SelfNutrition, and Cronometer, but you are welcome to find a different one and report on it. Pick one and do not repeat one another student has selected. What are the pros and cons of that app? Does it provide an analysis of all the macro and micronutrients? If not, which ones are left out and why is that bad? Are these nutrients found to be deficient in the US diet?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Discount Code: SAVE25